• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Matrix Reloaded...

futon88

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I missed the heyday of fanediting after The Matrix trilogy was complete, and I'm looking to catch up and maybe dabble. Are there any good Matrix Reloaded edits that fulfill the promise of that amazing original trailer, without also trying to merge content from Revolutions? Something that doesn't frontload the movie with the Trinity power station / death stuff? Thanks

I missed the heyday of fanediting after The Matrix trilogy was complete, and I'm looking to catch up and maybe dabble. Are there any good Matrix Reloaded edits that fulfill the promise of that amazing original trailer, without also trying to merge content from Revolutions? Something that doesn't frontload the movie with the Trinity power station / death stuff? Thanks
You might enjoy my edit, The Matrix: Rebellion, just pause it half way through đź‘Ť unless you want to watch my edited third film too...

Wait, so you're looking for a Reloaded edit that just massively reworks that film but stands alone? Like, do you want it to wrap up there and have and ending without Revolutions? (Cuz imho Revolutions is by far the worser film and harder to "fix"!)

Inasmuch as I could choose to not watch part three? Yes. Just a better, shorter, reloaded. It can still end on a 'hanger.

No dream sequence, better music and quicker pace for Neo's first fight, remove Neo going to the Oracle's pad, shortened Zion with removal of "the kid", shorter burly brawl (end before it goes 100% CG), etc..

It does seem like most of the edits out there are combining 2 and 3, which makes sense...

IIRC, there are a couple of edits of just Reloaded. They were early on, with most of the more recent efforts going the combo route. The Reloaded edits were not too involved from what I remember, nothing like the restructuring you're talking about. I believe the combo edits are a way to address Revolutions, which really just doesn't have the material to stand on its own once you start cutting the problematic subplots. So the solution is to rely on Reloaded.

But hey, this might be an opportunity? Maybe someone can effectively just really rework Reloaded to turn this into a duology?

Not to turn this into an ITW thread....but I've always really loved The Animatrix. I wonder if sections of that could be combined with Reloaded to imply that Neo fights back against the machines, and eventually just goes around waking people up, like a religious guru (but you know, a real one.) The Duology could end with him sort of on this continuing mission, and not mention Zion or any of the stuff in the real world too much, the point is just that he is slowly breaking people out of their mindless existences, and that's how we "win", the end. Would that be a satisfying duology and even possible?

Back
Top Bottom