• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Legend of Zelda- A Link to the Past [raymix]

Ray Danger

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

a-ALtt-P-raymix-cover.png

Main Project Intentions & Info:
My goal was to create a refined version of the SNES game with stronger emphasis on the story, more canon connections & many quality of life upgrades.

I've re-written most of the in-game text & dialog to strengthen the storytelling, modernize the presentation, add canon connections & give more life to the NPCs.
I've also made & added many graphical changes to bring things closer to canon depictions & to improve the visuals.
An optional PCM soundtrack replicates the original music in enhanced, uncompressed sound quality.

This is a .ROM file that will run with any SNES emulator. It will also run on real SNES hardware, if you have it & know how.
The download includes a simple guide to set everything up & comes with the best SNES emulator ready to go.
Set-up is quick n' simple.

d-ALtt-P-raymix-changelist.png

c-ALtt-P-raymix-story.png

EXTRAS:
Soundtrack

This is a complete collection of the music from A Link to the Past by Koji Kondo.
All tracks are ripped straight from the source in very high quality.

a-cover.png
b-back.png

Peroration:
I love The Legend of Zelda series. I was mesmerized by the original game way back in 1986. Though I was too young to really grasp how to play, I loved the seemingly endless possibilities of the huge open-world, the iconic characters & the excellent music. TLoZ is still my favorite game series & I love every title.

A Link to the Past is incredibly nostalgic to me. It's the first Zelda title where I was old enough to really understand the game & play through the entire thing.
It's that transformative game for me. The one that first transcended the medium & spoke to me. Spoke about adventure & courage. About power & responsibility. About doing the right thing. All while being the most fun, charming & immersive game I'd ever played.
I'm very proud of this version. It modernizes many aspects while retaining the unique feel & original magic of A Link to the Past.

Whether you're a legendary Hero or a casual Adventurer, I hope you have fun in Hyrule!
PM ME FOR THE LINK!

Last edited:
I'll post some comparisons very soon!

I've made "edits" of other Zelda games &, if there's interest, I will post them in the future.

Last edited:
Wow. How interesting! Never seen someone post a fanedit of a game here. Presumably your version is a ROM that would run on PC with an emulator?

Wow. How interesting! Never seen someone post a fanedit of a game here. Presumably your version is a ROM that would run on PC with an emulator?
Yes this is a ROM that will run with an SNES emulator. It will also run on real SNES hardware, if you have it & know how.
The download includes a guide to set everything up- from the best emulator & settings, to correct button mapping.
(I've added this info to the opening section of the OP)

Last edited:
This is incredible and so unlike any fanedit I've ever seen! I adore this game, and reading all of the changes you've made makes me think I'd love it even more! I'm a huge Legend of Zelda fan, having grown up with the series. A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening and the two Oracle games are some of my favorites! As a kid, I was always trying to figure out what the canon history was to play the games in order, well before any official timelines were released. I'm stoked that you've decided to make enhance the overall story!

This sounds great and I'd love to play it. What percent done are you?

With Tears of the Kingdom finally here, my changing Aginah to Rauru & the backstory focusing on the Imprisoning War is all looking pretty timely, eh?
It's coincidental, but I'll take it. Really though, Aginah sounds too close to our antagonists' name, Agahnim. So, I changed his name to include an Adventure of Link / Ocarina of Time reference. (That character is actually easy to miss altogether & catching his name is even more circumstantial! have ya done it?)

I did make a slight change to my Story text (see OP) to add an intentional TotK connection. I've added the word "gloom" to a description of the cursed skies.

Last edited:

The download now comes with the BSNES-MT emulator- ready to go!
I got message about the download being odd, so I figured I'd save everybody the trouble.

This is a perfect SNES emulator & also features enhanced HD scaling for Mode 7 graphics.
For ALttP, this mostly means a more detailed map with much smoother scrolling. It's really beautiful.

Last edited:

This is the optional soundtrack included with my mod. You can use it to replace the original music in the game.
While others have recreated the music using more lifelike sounds, Zerethn here has instead created something that sounds more true to the 16-bit era, but much more detailed & robust. I find that this Links the graphics, sfx & music together in a very pleasing way & really gives the game a more modern feel.

That music is pretty cool, how do you put it into the game? I would need to put it in the game itself so I can create a file that installs in my 3ds.

The set-up guide that comes with the download explains how to use the new music.
As far as I know, the new music will only work with an SNES emulator, but I don't know much about using the 3DS for ROM files.

That music is pretty cool, how do you put it into the game? I would need to put it in the game itself so I can create a file that installs in my 3ds.
I do not believe that is possible.

I do not believe that is possible.
no, the program I have does have an option for injecting the ROM into a snes9x emulator package, but no options for adding music. the music would have to be in the rom, but since it's not snes format music, it wouldn't work.

no, the program I have does have an option for injecting the ROM into a snes9x emulator package, but no options for adding music. the music would have to be in the rom, but since it's not snes format music, it wouldn't work.
Uh yeah I know, that's why I said it isn't possible. It loads separately you can't inject it into the rom. Same reason you can't inject high res texture packs into a Nintendo 64 ROM.

Uh yeah I know, that's why I said it isn't possible. It loads separately you can't inject it into the rom. Same reason you can't inject high res texture packs into a Nintendo 64 ROM.
Yes you are correct. I was just giving the details for anyone else reading. Sorry if I did something wrong ☺️

All of the music has been ripped from the source in very high quality.
This is a complete collection of Koji Kondo's score, along with the musical SFX.

I'll also be creating a version using the new "enhanced score" by Zerethn.
Hopefully I'll have some time for that this weekend.

⌚Ing. I love the redux msu... I have my own custom Triforce of the Gods with msu music and fmvs based on the redux.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom