• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

Ah, IMDB, you mean "the old white people's place to still leave reviews, even though flash-mobs swarm the site to tank the system every time a new film triggers them?"...that IMDB? ;) In as much as I'm not super happy with any review sites, I gave up on IMDB many years ago. You know that when you start thinking "only a 6.1? This movie must be a real POS!" then the review scoring is broken. lol

Ah, IMDB, you mean "the old white people's place to still leave reviews, even though flash-mobs swarm the site to tank the system every time a new film triggers them?"...that IMDB? ;) In as much as I'm not super happy with any review sites, I gave up on IMDB many years ago. You know that when you start thinking "only a 6.1? This movie must be a real POS!" then the review scoring is broken. lol

Well, that's just placing yourself in an echo chamber. Sometimes, you gotta get out of the house and see what others think, whether you like it or not. I don't agree with every opinion Roger Ebert made, but that doesn't change the fact that many of his reviews made me think about movies in a new way.

^I'll agree to disagree on the echo chamber view. I absolutely think people should expose themselves to lots of things, get out of their comfort zones, hear different perspectives. But then, having done that, they don't need to STAY outside those zones, listening to those people. Do what you like, stay away from what you don't. Not every idiot with a keyboard has an interesting opinion that we have to give weight to. IMDB is not populated by Roger Eberts. Even his own site isn't anymore.

IMDB is not populated by Roger Eberts. Even his own site isn't anymore.
Well he died a decade ago so that would be spooky if it was... đź‘»

The echo chamber thing is something people rarely realize is happening to them until it's way too late. Like as a 35yo white American guy I notice it when I open a new account and the algorithm's first instinct is to feed me guns, crime videos, casually racist and -phobic comedy routines, etc. I have to actively dislike all of them to ensure I stop seeing that trash. Anyone who hasn't done so would do well to test it out. Make a new Instagram account and see what comes up.

To be on topic:
I recently watched Fight Club (1999) after checking out @macmilln's remake of @Zach Action's narrationless cut (which is much a great watch, btw)

The original is still such a fun piece of genius, late 90's, anti-establishment film work. The cast is fantastic, the story is just as silly fun as always, and that feeling of "fuck the way things are" hasn't ever really changed for me, even 25 years later. Of course it's cartoonish and gross and over the top but that's what makes it great.

As in get a bit older it feels a little less like a movie for me specifically and more like I hope someone else manages to shake up the world, but it's still an 8.5/10 and I love every minute of it.

Last edited:
Halloween (1978)

Having seen this one many times before (and now, with my roommate), my conclusion on the film remains the same as the first time I saw it. It's not one of my favorite horror films, but it's still good. I guess what keeps it from being amazing is that I've seen so many of the elements before, from the horny teenagers to the lone survivor trope, to the false ending. I've heard that this film did all of the cliches first before everyone started copying it, but that doesn't change the fact that it didn't impact me as much as I hoped it would. Still, it's well-executed and therefore a good film. I just think I would've liked it better if I was alive in 1978.

Star Wars 4K77 (1080p version)

Think it's been a few years since I've seen any of the Original Trilogy (mostly prequel edits since), planned to watch this a few days ago but other things got in the way until now.

Team Negative One has done an amazing job, you're truly taken back in time when you watch this and can marvel at the revolutionary effects without the interruptions of unsightly CGI. There are a few odd moments that I miss (having grown up with the 2004 DVD version) but this is a small price to pay.

That said, I am still looking forward to Adywan completing the HD Revisited trilogy, ESB:R is probably my favourite way to watch that particular entry!

Last edited:
Unfrosted in Netflix- it's that Jerry Seinfeld movie that just came out about poptarts

Guys... it's no good. Nope. I can't believe I made popcorn for it. What a waste.

I finished it because there were a lot of cameos, and I was wondering who would pop up next. But it's not good, I'm sorry to say.

Unfrosted in Netflix- it's that Jerry Seinfeld movie that just came out about poptarts

Guys... it's no good. Nope. I can't believe I made popcorn for it. What a waste.

I finished it because there were a lot of cameos, and I was wondering who would pop up next. But it's not good, I'm sorry to say.
I love Jerry Seinfeld, so it pains me to say that I totally agree with you.

I love Jerry Seinfeld, so it pains me to say that I totally agree with you.

Hey, everyone of us, even Jerry, has a bad day at the office...

What I DID LIKE Christian Slater as one of the milkmen and Andy Daly as that quaker guy lmao So stupid but those parts worked lol

Monster Mash (2024) - Stumbled across this gem the other day. It's an Asylum affair, so don't expect high art, your typical low budget movie with minimal effort relying on recognizable characters and one noteworthy actor (Michael Madsen) to sell it. Putting that aside though... It's a genuinely fun film and pretty much exactly what I wanted from a classic monster crossover after my Universal marathon last October. Basically, Dr Frankenstein (Madsen) wants to build a super monster to put his soul into, so he sends his old monster (named Boris here, isn't that cute?) out to collect body parts from other monsters, along with kidnapping Dracula's daughter. Dracula plays detective, forms a team, there's an amazingly bad cgi fight, yeah.
I love Van Helsing and Monster Squad, but having the monsters themselves be the main characters scratches a certain itch (that Hotel Transylvania tried and failed to scratch). Plus this movie features The Invisible Man, my beloved, who is often forgotten in crossovers (unfortunately not forgotten in Hotel Transylvania)

Also rewatched Monster Squad. It's such a fun and cool movie.

Aaand also rewatched Silver Bullet. Fun werewolf movie. I'm really curious how it compares to the original story, I've never seen anyone mention Cycle Of The Werewolf in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom