• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Trek: Prodigy.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am (or was) el numero uno Trek fan.

This is increasingly a mindset of diminishing returns.

So, in the hope of exploring strange new rewards, seeking out new situations and to go where no Trek series has gone before, I read that this is increasingly smart, Trekucational (new word) and worth a dip….

Time is precious, and I have seen every minute of Trek bar this and Lower Decks.

Should I dip my toes in or use my increasingly precious free time on editing?

Pls be spoiler sensitive (ish).

Have you seen the Star Wars: The Clone Wars? When Prodigy is good, it is nearly as good as that show's high points, and even when it's not good it's not nearly as bad as that show's low points. As long as you keep in mind that it is a show made for children, it's pretty good and advances the post-Voyager story nicely. The only episode I thought was actively bad and I would skip on a re-watch is Kobayashi.

Last edited:
Have you seen the Star Wars: The Clone Wars? When Prodigy is good, it is nearly as good as that show's high points, and even when it's not good it's not nearly as bad as that show's low points. As long as you keep in mind that it is a show made for children, it's pretty good and advances the post-Voyager story nicely. The only episode I thought was actively bad and I would skip on a re-watch is Kobayashi.
Just hijacking the name already screams of "watch me", coz it aint good!....

Thanks for the heads up. As far as made for children, so was Thunderbirds, and that feature murder, people being buried alive, mass destruction and terrorism!...

I'm fine with kids shows!

I'd say it's worth watching.

The characters are interesting and earnest in that very "Star Trek" way, and the voice work is stellar. The first half of S1 is better than the second, in my opinion, but it's a jumble. Strong/weak episodes on both sides. The second half pivots around a really stupid MacGuffin that's stupid. Lots of echoes to Voyager, both figurative and literal. But that isn't always a good thing, mind. What's the name of that trope where the characters are about to finally get what they've been searching for, only to be whisked away at the last moment...?

Watch it for the promise of a post-Voyager story with zero influence from Berman&Braga.

Skip it because it may end up being canon in the same way Lower Decks is (ie. tangential at best). (And I say that as someone who loves LD)

Great show!!!

I was a bit skeptical when it first started, as it had a blatant Clone Wars animation design. But as the show went on, it’s Trek colours shone through and the characters won me over.

It is a wonderful All Ages show that works both as an introduction to the universe of Star Trek and as a sequel to Voyager.

Prodigy isn't perfect by any means. It has many, many flaws. But it's definitely better than the overly dramatic shows such as Discovery and Picard.

Last edited:
I tried to watch this with my kids. I don't think we even got through an episode before turning it off and watching vintage Thunderbirds instead.

I tried to watch this with my kids. I don't think we even got through an episode before turning it off
I watched half of the first episode three times, found myself scrolling my phone or being otherwise distracted every time. I finally came to the conclusion that it just isn't very good, at least not to me. But I like Lower Decks a lot!

I watched half of the first episode three times, found myself scrolling my phone or being otherwise distracted every time. I finally came to the conclusion that it just isn't very good, at least not to me. But I like Lower Decks a lot!
That’s got a name …”BURNHAM SYNDROME “!

That’s got a name …”BURNHAM SYNDROME “!
Season one of Discovery crossed a content threshold for me that I wasn't comfortable with in Star Trek, but I loved season two's story line with the Red Angel, and we got Strange New Worlds out of it. Burnham is an interesting character, but there is too much coincidence and unrealistic incompetence in the characters. Seru was another fascinating character and his unique cultural story was probably the best in a long time in trek, IMHO.

CANCELLED!

It will be completely removed from Paramount Plus and Nickleodeon in the next few DAYS!

Prodigy is currently still in production and the second season will be shopped.

My only hope is that they get a little time to re-edit the season finale to be a decent series finale and get it shopped to another service, or at least release it on Blu-ray.

I had no plans to edit this show, but if they never release Season 2 I'll probably end up editing the back half of the season to remove the Chakotay story and trim out them leaving with Janeway (and Gwynn's lines about not being admitted), so it just ends with them all joining Starfleet.

The second season is now available to stream in France (but the only available audio track is in French).

Hopefully that means a Netflix premiere is not far behind....?

We can hope. I haven't had time to watch much yet but so far this season is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom