• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

"Mandalorian" and others finally coming to Blu-ray!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I don’t see it in any other threads, and I think it’s big news for the community. Disney has finally announced that they’re releasing the first two seasons of The Mandalorian on Blu-ray and 4K! (Other news sites confirm that Disney is also releasing several of its Disney+ Marvel shows.)

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-4k-blu-ray

This is quite a boon both for fan editors and for fans of physical media. Since the House of Mouse had been doubling down on driving traffic to their site via exclusive content, I was pretty sure we’d never see the day. But after a fairly dismal year at the box office, it seems like Disney is looking to end the 100-year celebration on a high note by creating some great stocking stuffers.

There had been reason for alarm earlier in the year when Disney+ pulled several of its underperforming streaming shows so they wouldn’t have to continue to pay royalties to the actors and writers, even though there had been no physical release for those shows. One of the shows was Lucasfilm’s recent Willow series. While Mandalorian is a great deal more popular than Willow, the fact that Disney showed they can and would pull shows without a physical release was cause for alarm. So the news that some series are on their way is, to my mind, cause for celebration!

(Mods: This seemed the most likely sub-forum to post this thread under, but if you want to move it, feel free - or let me know if you need me to do so. Thanks!)

That's good news - I was hoping that there would eventually be a physical release of this series.

Back
Top Bottom