• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Doctor Who

Has anyone done a truncated edit of each season to produce a movie cut of the various Doctor's?
There are a few edits on here taking the various serials from the classic run and making features out of them. Editing whole series arcs for the modern era is a little trickier I think as many of the episodes have their own thing going on and don't always bleed one into the other, unless it's a multi parter

Superfan Ian Levine has been working on A.I recons of missing episodes, here's one for The Daleks Masterplan

(YT embedded video not working, but just click on the link and it'll open a window that can play it)

This is a really cool proof of concept, but I find the movement of the faces unsettling.
But it's an exciting starting point and with a few more years of tech development, I bet it's going to yeild excellent results.

Their recon of Episode 3 of Dalek Master Plan, Devil's Planet, is up now

New trailer

I really am not excited at all. I think they're holding back too much

All eight episode titles for the 2024 series

I am feeling a bit disappointed that it's only 8 episodes. I think they should stop putting budget into top of the line CGI effects, and get some good stories.
I don't know what these stories will be like, but we could have a few more.

The trailer wasn't too inspiring, but I'd rather them not spoil the good parts. The arc has a lot of mystery going on - who (or what) are Ruby's parents? What the hell is going on with Mrs. Flood? What about all the cryptic threats set up in the Tenent specials? I'd rather be kept guessing than have big details ruined in advance.

And 8 episodes (and a Christmas special) is still much more than we've had in recent years. Glad Moffat is back for one, missed his writing a lot.

Today's the day!

Drops on i-player in the UK midnight and on Disney+

Last edited:
SPACE BABIES

The new Doctor and companion Ruby are exceptionally likeable.

The production values are very good.

But that is about all I can say that is truly positive. As expected, the episode is very Disney. Great if you are a pre-teen who enjoys snot humour, but as an old fart who has watched all of Modern Who and a large chunk of Classic, this all played very silly and dumbed down.

The Hartnell era, which began life as an educational children’s show with a budget of almost zero dollars, was vastly more intelligent and imaginative than this season “one” premiere.

Not sure if I am the audience for this newest incarnation or not? Lol

Next up, the Doctor meets the Beatles!
Win me back RTD….please!!!!

Devil's Chord really ought to have been the premiere. Easily the stronger of the two, while Space Babies was an average RTD series opener. If you're in no mood for what it's trying to do, it's cringe, but your mileage may vary of course.

I didn't mind it, even with the gross out toilet humour-based twists and resolutions, but it reminded me a lot of some of the less funny episodes from the DAVE era of Red Dwarf. What saved it was the excellent chemistry between Ncuti and Millie, and there are some peculiar things that connect to Ruby's overall story, such as the Snow from the Church on Ruby's day of discovery following them into their present time and place, or bleeding from memory into reality.

There's an interesting discussion involving The Doctor saying his name was chosen for him by the Time Lords...which walks back on what he told Clara in The Name of the Doctor that he chose it like a promise

Devil's Chord is the show's next big 'myth arc' story, a direct sequel to The Giggle, with nods to lots of Classic Who. Susan. Totters Lane. Toymaker's family. Pyramids of Mars. And a further hint at the twists to come in Ruby's story. She has a song in her heart which makes her 'all kinds of wrong'....and Maestro suspects that another ancient being may have been present at Ruby's birth.

And if we're to expect any more of The Toymaker's legions, they will identify themselves with the Toymaker's giggle...and The Doctor will notably soil his pants and high-tail it

Also sounds like The Doctor can't afford to go through another bi-generation as this one almost splintered him mind, body, and soul

Maestro's scenes with Ncuti were so good, and it's Ncuti's most mesmerising performance yet as The Doctor

My nitpicks:

Why only use Lennon and McCartney as your last minute heroes? What about George and Ringo? Couldn't they have all played together? Maybe on the roof like how they finished their careers so it was a nice book end? That's what I thought the piano being set up for Ruby earlier. Paul was also an arse to The Doctor and didn't even apologize to him at the end.

That song and dance twist at the end may seem random....but if you pay attention, the "Twist at the end" is the re-emergence of Maestro's child, Harbinger, at the close

Last edited:
Thanks for your in-depth analysis @Zarius
You have given me the courage to check out the episode! 😄

Watched "The Devil's Cord"...

...and I think I am out. 🤪😂

I liked the Ruby Road mystery subplot and the call backs/acknowledgements to past Doctor history.
I loved the Doctor's 1963 look and wish that was his regular costume.
The chemistry between The Doctor and Ruby is wonderful.
Gatwa's performance is electric!
The show looks incredible.

But everything else? Honestly, it was a noisy, preachy, mess for me.

The Maestro was just too over the top, too loud and too cartoony for my tastes. They make the more recent versions of the Master seemed utterly subdued lol.

I hated.... absolutely and thoroughly... HATED the fourth wall breaking. The show is not even pretending to be a science fiction show with any semblance of grounding. It is now a full on fantasy comedy with dribbles of drama.

And the ending? Just a giant, bloated cacophony of ear bleeding noise for me. I was looking at my watch continually.
One would think an episode about the power of music, featuring The Beatles in the story resolution, would have actually featured a Beatles song? But I imagine that was probably beyond their budget?
Oh, and The Twist! I guess we are watching GLEE now?

I also find RTD's politics very confusing.
Why did he try to walk back/apologize for The Doctor's name? Are titles now politically incorrect?
Why is having a wheelchair bound person as a villain now considered bad but continuing the stereotype of a gay/trans person as evil is okay?

So feeling very confused and disappointed by it all.
Love the Doctor mythology and character stuff in both episodes, but the actual "A" storylines in these two opening episodes left me cold.
🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Terrific episode...well...until the ending, which was just Moffat in smug "I'm back" mode.

-Susan Twist is becoming more and more of a full on antagonist here

-The whole thing about fanatics flooding the algorithm with things that can harm you and creating meaningless wars that don't neccersarily need to involve a real external enemy to combat was appropriate commentary. Get ready for the grifters online to flood the YT and twitter algorithms, proving the episode's points to a precise science.

-New companion Verada Sethu made her DW debut. There's a brief interview with her in Doctor Who Unleashed where she reveals she was hired based off the strength of this episode, but with her character's name here being "Monday" it's obvious this might not be quite the whole truth

Cons

-Story did admittedly peak at Ruby being shot

-Final ten minutes were just explaining everything to the characters and the audience like they couldn't process anything on their own

-Moffat kids with the exception of Young Amy are still irritable and void of acting ability. No girl that age talks like that either.

Back
Top Bottom