• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dig(Music)ModiFicaTions (Remixes, Alternate & radio cuts)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My original gateway into fanediting was via music editing. At one time I had hoped to go into music production with a focus on creating and editing surround sound tracks and folly work. I decided not to mix business and pleasure as I thought that might create a conflict in real life, but I still love doing audio editing. These aren't as intensive as a surround track editing session and serve more as a dessert in the fanediting sense. I thought I'd make a thread here to share audio edits.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-9.gif

Bulls On Parade - Rage Against The Machine
This one cuts out the redundant chorus that I never really got into and replaces it with what could have been a fine tonal shift for a chorus. I also took the lyrics from the end and added them to the new chorus to create a new presentation. I used an online ai music/voice separator app to create isolated tracks for guitar, vocals, drums and bass.
V1 has some added guitar chords during the chorus. V2 removes those added guitar chords. I think I prefer V2

Here's the project timeline
screenshot_20221204_072033.png

Last edited:
Crash Adams - Destination ft King Vvibe
This seems to be a viral video song or it showed up on a feed of mine some time ago. It's super catchy and the short below really added to the song. I saw someone attempt to make a mashup but it had some pretty jarring transitions. SO, I decided to give it a go. Some slight elstique sfx were used to get the rap on the beat near the end of it and then I repeated the last line about 5 or so times and added some reverb as it faded out into the song again. The vocals also received a general subtle reverb to help them sit in the mix better.

Fanedit
v1 -
no added background vocals during freestyle
v2 - added background vocals during freestyle

Original

King Vvibe freestyle

Youtuber attempted remix

Incubus - Make Yourself (Radio Edit)

I’d like to see a trimmed version of Pink Floyd’s Echoes. I love the song but there is too much of the out there stuff in there for me to put it on on the regular at 23:31.

I’d like to see a version that runs, say 7-8 minutes. There definitely seems to be attempts that I’ll check. Not sure if there was ever anything official.

This one's for you @Moe_Syzlak . Hope you like it.

Back
Top Bottom