• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Best version of Batman Forever listed on IFDB?

PanteraSteel

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How many of these have you seen and which one is your favorite version of Batman Forever that is listed on the site??

I've seen the two classics (red book and Virtual Workprint) of the ones listed and love them both. Previewed a few other ones and grabbed a few from some other editors/sites but Red Book and Virtual Workprint are always what I come back to consistently. To be fair some of these are very new and I need to check them out. Lots of edits for BF and I understand why as its a fun movie to play around with. For that reason I find I'm always interested in new versions just to see what new ideas the fans are coming up with.

Virtual Workprint is ultimately my go to version. The tie breaker between that and Red Book is the fact that VW restores the scenes to their proper order as originally intended with Bruce leaving Wayne Enterprises/E Nygma because he see's the batsignal and needs to go to the batcave and suit up to fight two face at the bank rather than opening the movie w/ the suit up and two face at the bank.

1. What's your fav fan edit of BF?
  2. How many fan edits of BF have you seen?
  3. Which scene order do you prefer for the opening? Theatrical or VW/originally intended?

Check out all these versions of Batman Forever here here here here here here

EDIT: My bad I thought I was in the FAN EDIT COMPARISON forum...

Last edited:
I've seen the @luc4valcanti and @Bobson Dugnutt cuts, both of which are based on the Virtual Workprint. Luc4's has a much more comic-book color palette, an extra minute of dialogue, and some reworking of day/night scenes for continuity, which I really appreciated. Bob's is basically an HD rebuild of an older edit following the original workprint.

I would say Luc4's is unbiased with a comic book palette while Bobson's has a personal touch and a more realistic palette, so which one you enjoy would be along those lines. For me I prefer the silliness of Luc4's comic book palette, but the movies are very similar.

There was one edit that didn't make it to IFDB, I think the editor wanted to remake it in higher quality first. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the edit or the editor.

I think the only IFDB edit I've seen was @morrigan 's extended edit, which was rad. I love the movie as is, so an edit that doesn't cut my beloved garbage and only adds extra scenes is special to me.

I would give anything to have my Batman Forever fanedit reexamined and approved.

I would give anything to have my Batman Forever fanedit reexamined and approved.
You edit was looking good. I thought you gave up on it.
I'm sure you can just make a thread for it in the In-The-Works page and someone can review it. You don't have to give anything haha depending on how it goes, I don't mind reviewing it.
Problem solved.

More BF edits the better

Personally I'm a fan of the Red Book edition, although there's really no "fixing" this film for me after Batman Begins came out. The biggest selling point for me was that Forever finally had both a Batman and a Bruce Wayne who felt accurate to the comics. However, Tommy Lee Jones hated the project, hated Jim Carrey, and hated the character, and you can see him just actively throwing away Two-Face in almost every scene. There's no saving that. And Carrey's antics have aged really badly, much less the throwaway roles of Sugar and Spice. There's just too much camp baked into the performances and script(s) of the film for a fanedit to truly redeem it for me, hard as Red Book tries.

Back
Top Bottom