• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
  • Original Movie Title: Aliens
  • Genre: Action, Horror, Sci-Fi
  • Franchise: Alien
  • Fanedit Type: Extended Edition
  • Original Release Date: 1986
  • Original Running Time: 137 mins (Theatrical Cut)/154 mins (Special Edition)
  • Fanedit Release Date: April 2024
  • Fanedit Running Time: 144 mins
  • Time Cut: N/A
  • Time Added: 7 mins
  • Available in HD? Yes

Overview: In March of 1989, audiences would be treated to the network broadcast premiere of Aliens, on CBS. What's special about this particular premiere of the film is that 7 minutes of new footage were integrated into the film, helping to pad out its runtime to fill its 3-hour timeslot. This was the first time we would see any additional footage that would later be included in the Special Edition release of the film 2 years later. After hearing about it for years, and recently seeing a YouTube video that thoroughly broke the viewing experience down, I decided to recreate an HD, uncensored version of this cut. While assembling this cut, I also took the time to do some light color correction, removing the infamous teal tint from the 2010 Blu-ray transfer that was used for this edit.

I am proud to present Aliens: Special Edition Prototype Cut.

Changes:

Added fanedit warning.
Added Netflix dark style fanedit.org opener.
Added my faneditor opener.
Reintegrated Ripley learning about her daughter, Amanda's death.
Reintegrated the discussion of the salvaged sentry guns.
Reintegrated Hicks and Vasquez prepping and testing the sentry guns.
Reintegrated both sentry gun battles.
Reintegrated Ripley and Hicks exchanging names.
Subtly recolored the entire film to remove the infamous teal tint.

Source(s):

Region A 20th Century Fox 2010 Alien Anthology Blu-ray Box Set:
Both the theatrical and Special Edition cuts of Aliens were sourced from the Blu-ray disc in this set. Not only was this done because I do not yet own the recent 4K release, but because I do not like what I've heard and seen of the new 4K transfer.

Please PM for download.

Last edited:
Will you be including the scenes that are released in the laserdisc version? I am not 100% sure but I do believe there are scenes on there that was only on that release. Regardless, i would love a link!

Will you be including the scenes that are released in the laserdisc version? I am not 100% sure but I do believe there are scenes on there that was only on that release. Regardless, i would love a link!

There is no exclusive footage to the Laserdisc, its the same cut as is presented on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

This edit is trying to replicate the 1989 CBS Broadcast, which does not include every deleted scene reintegrated into the 1991 Special Edition.

Also I agree with Scribbles.

Back
Top Bottom