• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Warriors - Theatrical Cut Reconstruction (HD) V2 Finished

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A couple of years ago, I purchased the Blu-Ray of 1979's cult classic 'The Warriors'. But what I discovered on the disc was the newly prepared "ULTIMATE DIRECTOR'S CUT". Perhaps I should have read the cover art a little more carefully...

This new cut was completed in 2005 by Director Walter Hill, overseeing that the sound and especially the image quality was outstanding. He did not include any of the more than 8 minutes of deleted scenes from the
TV Version.  However, Hill opted to add in comic-book style transitions throughout and a new "Greek" introduction. This new material looked shiny, clean and bright and therefore totally at odds with the gritty late '70s cineamatograhy of
the original footage. For me at least, this made my Blu-Ray unwatchabe.

Walter Hill has so far not released the film in it's original form in an HD format. So for my own satisfaction and for those of you with a Blu-Ray of 'The Warriors' gathering dust on their shelves I present my attempt to recreate the theatrical cut using my Blu-Ray as the basis.

The snippets (A few seconds here and there) of missing footage and transitions have been taken from the standard definition original DVD, sampled at the highest rate possible. This will hopefully serve as the bonus disc that the Blu-Ray was always missing...

CAN YOU DIG IT?

8936833028_7ffcb61b73_o.jpg

^ The cover is a Hi-Res re-creation of the original 1979 poster reconfigured to a Blu-Ray size.

Rather than a change list I'll just simply direct you to this wonderfully informative article on Movie-Censorship.com (As it details all the things I had to restore quite nicely):

The Warriors (Comparison: Theatrical Version - Director's Cut)

Edit format: BR25 (With a few extras)

[video=youtube_share;4GxSwUcm_XE]

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
moved to the "special projects" forum. Though this is a cool project, its doesn't seem to fit with the true fanedit category, but is beyond a preservation. Carry on here :)

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope this one works out. I found out about fanediting when looking around the web for info about the different versions of the Warriors. Would love to see the original version restored in blu ray quality.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ My PM box is always open

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finished off the cover for the BR...

9240875490_7975dc8d64_o.jpg

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very nice- would you ever consider doing the same cover but in black with white lettering as an alternative?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tranzor said:
Very nice- would you ever consider doing the same cover but in black with white lettering as an alternative?

Like this??...

9251450451_de7b2acba0_o.jpg

Oh, I misread your comment. You actually meant like this...

9259076684_da76014c6b_o.jpg

alexpeden2000

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is this still available anywhere? Could someone please 'point me in the right direction'?

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=30075]alexpeden2000[/MENTION] PM the faneditor, he'll be happy to tell you ;-)

alexpeden2000

Reaction score
Trophy Points
PM'd him a couple of weeks ago but didn't hear anything back, just wondering if someone else knows where to find it?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
alexpeden2000 said:
Is this still available anywhere? Could someone please 'point me in the right direction'?

Read the FAQ and go to the website it tells you to go to.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also, read the rules and don't request an edit in the project thread again.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
alexpeden2000 said:
PM'd him a couple of weeks ago but didn't hear anything back, just wondering if someone else knows where to find it?

Sorry, it's nothing personnal but I tend to ignore PMs from new members who "seem" to have just joined in order to fire off a quick PM asking for links. You seem genuine and have exhibited an impressive level of persistance in regards to this edit so PM sent ;-). Hope you enjoy it and welcome to the site :).

THX1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was looking for an HD version of the theatrical a while back; the best I came across was an HDTV rip. I have since lost that copy :/

Yours looks like a great edit, and probably the best version we will ever get of it. Thank you for all the hard work.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone experienced any playback problems with this edit?. At the start of the movie and various points throughout the movie the picture seems to be out of sync with the sound, at the various dvd upscaled parts of the movie the playback is like its stopping and starting/choppy playback. Anyone else have similar problems?. Please note in no way am i criticizing this edit,im sure its probably my blu ray player, a Sony BDP S350.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I'll look into this.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
^ I'll look into this.

I actually just downloaded this one a few weeks ago but haven't had time to watch it yet. I'll pop it in this evening and see if I experience the same problems, as well.

Top Bottom