• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Photoshop Toolbox 2: Creating Movie Posters

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi there. Whether you've gotten here through a generic site search or through this thread, welcome.

In this thread, you'll find links to tutorials about creating movie posters, particularly in Photoshop. I know some of us (I'm looking at you, Rogue!) use other programs too. Please feel free to share any tips that aren't Photoshop-specific here too. I'm sure we could benefit from each other's input, even if we have to do a bit of translating to our program of choice on our own.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First up is a really remarkable tutorial on creating movie posters in Photoshop by Adobe Design Master Martin Perhiniak. It's a recording of a presentation he gave, and it covers a lot of ground. It's approximately 75 minutes long, and even though I've been using Photoshop since about 1993, I still learned a few new tricks in the first five minutes alone. A lot of what he talks about is specific to PS (especially CS5), but the basic ideas are applicable to any kind of movie poster design.

Top Bottom